74 Rescue 1
2006 Rescue 1/Spartan
74 Rescue 1 "Metal Muncher II" effective named after the vehicle in which is replaced "Metal Muncher", a 1989 International E-One Rescue Truck.
After over 16 years of service in a town that grew quickly and squad that grew with the town, the original truck just did not fit the organizations size and equipment needs to effective protect the town. In the fall on 2004 a truck committee was presented with the task of designing a truck to fit what have currently grown into and beyond and allow room for growth. The squad contracted Rescue 1 out of Manasquan, NJ with the challenge of designing the vehicle that would not only fit our equipment, town growth, but also our building. Chad Newsome of Rescue along with the engineers came up with a design and the committee modified it to the vehicle you see today.
"Metal Muncher II" Features
- Spartan Big Easy Chassis with Caterpillar Engine and Allison Transmission
- Air Ride Suspension
- Custom Box Built in house by Rescue 1 with hydraulic rear stair access to top of vehicle.
- Upgraded and state of the art extrication tools brought to you by TNT Rescue including: Combination Tool off the bumper and a set of tools on each side of the truck: Spreader, Cutter, and Ram.
- Night Scan light tower.
- Speedy-Dry Hopper.
- Roll Up compartment doors.
- Dual Awnings for protection form the elements of nature.
- Weather sealed coffin compartments on top of box for additional storage.
- Ladder and additional storage underneath staircase to save space.
- Hydraulic and electric cord reels from driver, passenger, and bumper of vehicle.
- 24 Volt DeWalt Cordless reciprocating saw, drill, and circular saw, with truck mounted charging.
- Cab Mounted Survivor and Vulcan hand lights.
- FireCom intercom system, six headsets in cab, and one in front compartment.
- Scott SCBA air packs with AV3000 Scott Masks.
- Mass casualty tarps and supplies.
- Trunked, VHF and UHF Radios for communications in both Somerset and Hunterdon County and other mutual aid departments.
- Pull out & Drop down Trays for easy to reach equipment access.
74 Special Operations 1
2006 Rescue 1/Ford F450
This vehicle carries equipment for Swiftwater Rescue, High/Low Angle Rope Rescue and for Rehab for the rest and recovery of emergency responders during extended operations. It was purchased by the Squad in 2006 from PL Custom to replace a 1986 unit that previously had been one of our Ambulances. A Warner Body utility box is added to the 2005 Ford F450 Diesel chassis.
This will be the First Rescue Vehicle to Respond to Swiftwater, Ice, Rope and Elevator Rescues and for any Rehab Requests as well.
Special Operations 1 Features:
- Whelen LED Warning Lighting
- Portable generator
- 2 Portable and 2 Fixed Quartz Scene Lights.
- 12 Sets of Swiftwater Rescue Gear
- 3 Ice Rescue Suits
- 3 Mustang Exposure Suits
- Rope Rescue Rigging Equipment and Harnesses
- Stokes Basket and Patient Packaging
- Rehab Tent and Supplies
- MCI Management Supplies/ICS Vests
- Pet Oxygen Masks
- Night Vision Camera
- Warn 9,500 Winch
74 FR 1
2010 Expedition EL
This Vehicle was Built by Warnock Fleet Services. Its utilized as a First Responder Vehicle as well as a Incident Command Post During Large Scale or Prolong Incidents.
FR 1 is equipped with:
- TruckVault Box
- Havis Expedition console
- Whelen LED Lights
- 4x4 with patient transportation capabilities. This allows us to use this on terrain where the ambulances can not go, as in Soccer Fields, Wooded Area's, etc.
- AED, Oxygen, Suction and Folding Backboard
- Command board/supplies
- Trailer hitch and Towing Capabilities
- Trunking and High band radio's
74 BLS 3, 74 BLS 5, 74 BLS 2
2008 PL Custom Body
Each of the Squad's three BLS ambulances carries a full complement of supplies and equipment to provide Basic Life Support and is able to transport up to two patients. 74 BLS-3 and 74 BLS-5 are also equipped with portable Hurst Jaws-of-Life extrication tools and 74 BLS-2 is equipped with T-N-T extrication tools and a Paratech Vehicle stablization kit. These vehicles are the foundation of our organization. They allow us to provide high-quality Basic Life Support Emergency Medical Services to our coverage area.
74 BLS 3 is a 1996 Ford E Series PL Custom Type IV BLS Ambulance made possible by the Township of Branchburg.
74 BLS 5 is a 2001 Ford E Super Duty PL Custom Type IV BLS Ambulance made possible by the Township of Branchburg.
74 BLS 2 is a 2008 Ford E Series PL Custom Type IV BLS Ambulance made possible by the Township of Branchburg. This unit has been outfitted as a Bariatric Ambulance as well, with specialized ramps, stretcher, patient moving devices and winch, so that Crew members do not have to lift the patient into the ambulance.
74 Marine 2 (Marine 745-2)
1997 Zodiac MK III Futura S
74 Marine 2 is a 15 foot Zodiac with a 40 HP Outboard Motor. Marine 2 is used for Flood Waters, Open Bodies of Water and Swiftwater Rescues.. It can hold from 4 to 6 personnel.
Marine 2 is equipped with:
- 200' of Rope
- 4 PFD's
- Hand Held Flood Lights
74 Marine 1 (Marine 745-1)
1993 Avon FRB380
74 Marine 1 is an 12 foot Avon powered by an 9.9 outboard motor. This boat is relatively small and lightweight for rapid deployment and is also suitable for ice rescues and flooding evacuations.